Fish are a central focus on the Trinity River for both fishing and science. Numerous studies of fish in the Trinity River are conducted regularly to evaluate the outcomes of restoration actions and to provide feedback for Adaptive Management.
The Fish Work Group
The Fish Work Group is one of several TRRP work groups focused on a particular scientific discipline. Work groups meet at least four times per year to coordinate investigations within their discipline and to address questions directed to them.
- Adult Run-size Estimation
- Adult Fall-run Chinook Harvest
- Redd Distribution and Abundance
- Juvenile Fish Habitat
- Juvenile Salmonid Outmigrants
- Long-term trend in Juvenile Density
- Coho Survival and Migration
- Hatchery Straying Assessment
- Chinook Genetics
- Adult Fish Disease
- Juvenile Fish Disease Monitoring