In an ongoing effort the TRRP is compiling data and reports across years and topics to address specific scientific and public questions related to Trinity River restoration. The reports below were developed to promote understanding of key topics for restoration of the river and its fisheries. Some of these reports come from a specific task to provide cohesive, summary reports (synthesis reports) on various restoration topics, while others were completed separately but address topics of a similar nature. TRRP produces many other reports that will not be listed here (see https://www.trrp.net/library/).
These reports are organized according to three categories that can be used to monitor responses to restoration actions: 1) Physical, 2) Fisheries, and 3) Riparian and Biological
Check back from time to time, as the list will expand.
Physical (Ordered with the most recent first):
- Gaeuman, D. 2020. WY2016-2017 Trinity River gravel augmentation monitoring report. Report for the Trinity River Restoration Program (TRRP). Yurok Tribal Fisheries Program, Klamath, California.
- Further assessment of changes to pool depth, assessment of tracer rock movement, recommendation that gravel augmentation sites shift for a few years.
- Hales, G., A. Hilton, S. McBain, and S. Howlin. 2020. Statistical evaluation of Trinity River point bar bed mobility and bed scour during annual spring ROD releases for WY 2009 – 2013. Report for the Trinity River Restoration Program (TRRP). McBain Associates, Arcata, California.
- Development of a predictive model for flows mobilizing gravel bars.
- Gaeuman, D. and . Krause. 2013. Assessment of pool depth changes in the Trinity River between Lewiston Dam and the North Fork Trinity River. Report TR-TRRP-2013-1. TRRP, Weaverville, California.
- Initial assessment of pool depth changes in the Trinity River. For additional assessment, see Gaeuman 2020.
Fisheries (ordered with the most recent first):
- Boyce, J., D. H Goodman, N. A Som, J. Alvarez, and A. Martin. 2018. Trend analysis of salmon rearing habitat restoration in the Trinity River at summer base streamflow, 2005-2015. Arcata Fisheries Technical Report Number TR 2018-31 for the Trinity River Restoration Program (TRRP). U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Arcata, California.
- Effects of channel rehabilitation on habitat for young fish.
- Rupert, D. L., S. A Gough, N. A Som, N. J Davids, B. C Matilton, A. M Hill, and J. L Pabich. 2017. Mainstem Trinity River chinook salmon spawning survey, 2015 and 2016. Arcata Fisheries Data Series Report Number DS 2017-56 for the Trinity River Restoration Program (TRRP). U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Arcata, California.
- Report on changing distribution of spawning in the Trinity River (less crowding in the immediate vicinity of the hatchery).
- Pinnix, B. 2016. Abundance of naturally produced juvenile chinook salmon. Trinity River Restoration Program (TRRP) Performance Measure. TRRP, Weaverville, California.
- Short briefing paper on the improving trend of chinook production from the Trinity River. A major synthesis report on this topic is expected in 2020.
Riparian & Biological (ordered with the most recent first):
- Bair, J. H., A. Hamilton, J. Lee, and S. Loya. 2020. Cottonwood Seed Dispersal on the Trinity River. Report for the Trinity River Restoration Program (TRRP). McBain Associates, Arcata, California.
- Development of a seed dispersal model for cottonwood to improve timing of flow recession meant to promote establishment of cottonwoods.
See also our Performance Measures page.