TRRP is conducting a science symposium to present the results of the various synthesis reports and to have higher level discussions about them. Originally, this was supposed to be an in-person meeting but due to COVID restrictions we were unable to do that. Instead, we have decided to implement a virtual session and (hopefully) an in-person session in the late-winter/early-spring.
Flyer for November and December 2021 sessions: [download PDF].
Physical Session, November 10, 2021
Presenters: Todd Buxton, Scott McBain, and Justin Alvarez.
- Buxton: History of fine sediment and its impacts on physical processes and biologic populations in the Trinity River.
- McBain et al.: Upper Trinity River coarse sediment storage synthesis.
- Buxton and Bradley: Evolution of tributary junctions and their capacity for rearing juvenile Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) on a regulated river.
- Alvarez: Channel complexity synthesis.
- TCRCD Recording of Physical Session
Riparian Session, November 18, 2021
Presenters: Scott McBain and John Bair
- McBain et al.: Draft Trinity River large wood management strategy.
- Bair et al.: Quantification of cottonwood seed dispersal periods.
- Bair: Riparian encroachment synthesis.
- TCRCD Recording of Riparian Session
Disturbance and Temperatures Session, December 2, 2021
Presenters: David Gaeuman, Scott McBain, and Kyle De Juilio
- Gaeuman et al.: Modeling stream bed disturbance and risk of redds scour in the Trinity River, California.
- McBain et al.: Statistical evaluation of Trinity River WY 2009 –2013 bed mobility and scour monitoring.
- Asarian et al. (De Juilio presenting): Temperature synthesis report.
- TCRCD Recording of Disturbance and Temperature Session
Physical Habitat Session, December 7, 2021
Presenters: Reuben Smit, Emily Cooper-Hartel, and Josh Boyce
- Boyce et al. (Smit presenting): Streamflow and salmonid rearing habitat at TRRP rehabilitation sites.
- Cooper-Hartel et al.: Trinity River juvenile chinook salmon habitat synthesis
- Goodman et al. (Boyce presenting): Summer base flow rearing habitat in the TRRP restoration reach.
- TCRCD Recording of Physical Habitat Session
Juvenile and Adult Salmonid Session, December 16, 2021
Presenters: Chris Laskodi, Bill Pinnix, Ken Lindke, and Steve Gough.