McBain, S., G. Hales, S. Howlin, and S. Pittman. 2021. Statistical evaluation of Trinity River WY 2009–2013 bed mobility and scour monitoring. Presentation provided to the Trinity River Restoration Program (TRRP) Science Symposium on 2021-12-02. McBain Associates, Arcata, California. Available: https://www.trrp.net/library/document?id=2528.
- Bed mobility and scour monitoring has been conducted since 1991.
Monitoring specifically conducted to evaluate management objectives for ROD releases starting in 2006.
- Surface bed mobility in Normal years (6,000 cfs)
- Begin bed surface scour (scour>1D84thick in Wet years (8,500 cfs)
- Cause deeper scour in Extremely Wet years (scour>2D84thick 11,000 cfs)
- Historically monitored at rehabilitation projects, then…
- Coordinated under IAP framework in 2009 under GRTS sampling scheme, alongside fisheries and riparian vegetation monitoring.
First Posted: 2021-12-09 01:01:59
Post Updated: 2022-01-03 22:16:44